Minilab menu

Total newbie here.

I DID read the manuals, and tried over and over. I cannot enter the Mini Lab menu by pushing any 2 buttons. My board is rev 2.1. It arrived this week from Kiwi Electronics.
Please help!

Did you update the firmware? https://docs.totemmaker.net/labboard/firmware-update/
Menu is only available in the latest version.

Thank you for your reply, Arnas.
I just tried to update the firmware. I got the LabBoard succesfully into boot mode. However, after uploading the sketch, the LabBoard now seems to be bricked. All lights are off. No response to any button.
With a multimeter I measured the +5V and +3.3V connectors on the LabBoard. Voltages seem to be fine.
Any idea’s?

If LabBoard doesn’t turn on anymore - firmware got deleted, but not uploaded. It’s not “dead”, just need to repeat update procedure.

I assume you have uploaded “labboard_update.ino” sketch to TotemDuino and wired D0 → TXD, D1 → DIG2 according to picture.

1. Unplug all wires (USB especially).
  2. Hold “SET-” key and plug in DC adapter (LabBoard ±0.5V LED probably will light up).
  3. Release key and wait a few seconds. If nothing happens - click Reset button on TotemDuino.

TX (red) LED on TotemDuino should start blinking and green LED light up. In case green LED is blinking at 0.5s rate - something is wrong.

If still not working:
Is TX LED blinking?
Is green LED blinking at 0.5 seconds rate?
Does LabBoard ±0.5V LED light up (dimly)?

Thank you for your continuing support, Arnas.

I followed your instructions to the letter:

1. Unplug all wires (USB especially). DONE
  2. Hold “SET-” key and plug in DC adapter (LabBoard ±0.5V LED probably will light up). LED does not light up, not even dimly.
  3. Release key and wait a few seconds. If nothing happens - click Reset button on TotemDuino. DONE

TX (red) LED on TotemDuino should start blinking (It does not) and green LED light up. (It does not) In case green LED is blinking at 0.5s rate - something is wrong. (<- this is the case)

If still not working:
Is TX LED blinking? Just a few times (dimly) after pressing reboot button on TotemDuino
Is green LED blinking at 0.5 seconds rate? YES
Does LabBoard ±0.5V LED light up (dimly)? NO

On TotemDuino a red LED next to the flatcable is burning continuously.
Does that have a meaning, or is it just a ‘power on’ LED?

=> LabBoard is still completely dark.

I tried this procedure several times with both the 2.00 and the 1.03 firmware versions. Same results.
It seems the LabBoard refuses to enter bootmode again.

What is the next thing I can do?

Ok. I see the problem. To recover board - some tricky setup is required.

1. Prepare empty Mini Lab with “labboard_update.ino” loaded to TotemDuino.
    (no need to remove boards from frame).

2. Connect jumper cables accordingly:
    (red) D0TXD
    (brown) D1DIG2
    (yellow) GNDRST (6 pin header)
    (orange) 3V3 → Nothing (leave hanging)

3. Plug in DC adapter to TotemDuino.

4. Now tricky step:
    • Touch second pin from bottom with (orange) wire, connected to 3V3.
    • Unplug (yellow) wire from GND and remove wire from pin.
    0.5v LED will probably light up, indicating LabBoard is in boot state. If not - continue still.

5. Click Reset button on TotemDuino and wait a few seconds. It should upload the firmware.

Thank you for your elaborate assistance, Arnas.
It worked like a charm!! I proceeded to the recalibration phase and now everything is OK!
Thanks again for your support!

Glad it worked. Sorry for your troubles.
Will improve update procedure to avoid such cases.